Following a serious accident in 2001, Francois Cote (co-inventor of Turbomed), sustained a permanent drop foot. He was frustrated using multiple different AFO’s during his recovery as he found they all limited motion or were uncomfortable and prevented him from returning to his pre-injury functional level.
Francois teamed up with Stephane Savard (entrepreneur, co-inventor and orthotist / prosthetist) and between them they designed, manufactured and tested numerous different designs before finalizing the Turbomed FS3000 AFO. The FS3000 was different from other AFOs on the market due to its exoskeleton design and its ability to deliver significant functional improvements to thousands of patients
The XTERN from Turbomed was launched in 2018 and has replaced the FS3000. Its new design is 10% lighter, more resilient, has improved appearance and easier to assemble and modify.
How does it work? What to expect
Fits externally to shoe / boot maximising comfort. Attaches via a lace clip attached to the patients shoe
Suspends on wide heel unit of shoe · Pretensioned into dorsiflexion allowing it to store and release energy
TalarMade Limited (we) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
By registering, placing an order, downloading information or entering our site (as defined below) you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
2. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by registering, ordering products, using our services or otherwise filling in any forms on our website (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, purchasing products from our site, subscribing to our services including receiving promotional material and news and information posted on our site, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information in connection with or participation in any promotions or competitions sponsored, promoted or offered by us and/or any third party and information you provide when giving us feedback or completing profile forms and when you report a problem with our site or information we learn from your use of our service and your visits to our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders, including, but not limited to your name, address, email address, telephone number and credit card number.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, purchase information, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
3. IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences and purchases, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to our site.
4. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username, login or password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this information confidential. We ask you not to share a username, login or password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
To fulfil any agreement we have entered into with you.
• to register you with our website and to administer our website services;
• for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme.
• to notify you about changes to our Service
• to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting products or services which we think will interest you from the information we have.
to keep you informed of such products and services (including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions which we consider may be of interest to you. We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. If you do not wish us to use your data for marketing purposes please contact us.
We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties.
6. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may also pass your information on to any successor or potential successor in title to our business and suppliers that process data on our behalf both in the United Kingdom and abroad. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individual customers are identified) for marketing and strategic purposes.
7. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on any forms we use to collect your data or at any time by contacting us directly by post at TalarMade Limited, Springwood House, Foxwood Way, Foxwood Industrial Estate, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S41 9RN. Attn: Data Protection Services or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.